Once again it has been too long between blog posts, and there has been quite a lot of activity going on behind the scenes in The Little Network That Could (or TLNTC, as I call it). I've built up such a large backlog of topics (mostly from the rabbit-holes that I've gone down in making the transition to IPv6-only) that my list of future blog posts itself was becoming unwieldy.
So I decided to take a break from the longer posts in the TLNTC series to talk about one specific thing that I've been working on over the past few days or weeks, hopefully in under 500 words. I may even decide to try for one post per month as a New Year's resolution next year. 😃
First cab off the rank is just a quick note to say that I've created a fork of David Barroso's nifty little BGP stressor, super-smash-brogp. It hadn't been updated since 2016, and I needed it for a client project, so I brought it up to basic python3 compatibility and added a couple of features like using 4-byte ASNs and allowing a wider range of values for the MAX_PREFIXES variable. For those who are interested, the full change set can be seen on GitHub.